Thursday, February 11, 2010

Really, God, I Am Thankful

Dear God,

I have much to be thankful for.

First of all, thank you for healing my dad. I remember when we found out he had a brain tumor. We were all scared. But we got him home and to a great neurosurgeon who was able to take the whole tumor out.

Yes, after he woke up from the surgery he could not move the left side of his body. And it was a few weeks before he came home. It was a difficult Christmas with him in the hospital. But, he continues to amaze everyone with his recovery. Everyday he is able to move his leg and arm a little bit more. And today he has been walking without his cane.

Thank you for a great family. I have a lot of support from each of my parents and my brothers and sisters. I know I can turn to them anytime. And they are all really great examples to me.

Thank you for allowing me to visit my brother in Michigan in December. I almost didn't go because my dad was still in the hospital. But my mom convinced me that I needed to go, even though I had already seen his family over Christmas when they came down. But I don't get to see his family very often and it was great to spend time with and get know my nephews and niece.

Thank you for an incredible boss. Jujube is very understanding of... well... everything. Even when life sucks for her, for me, or for us both, she always knows how to laugh. And she always knows how to give out compliments and make me feel like a great writer. (Thank you, Jujube. And remember, you are awesome. And you have taught me well.)

Thank you for all my friends. I have many. But there are a select few who have really helped me these last few months. They know who they are. And even if they don't, after reading this, they should.

Thank you for a place to live, food to eat, and things to do. It has been good to keep busy these last few months.

Really, God, I am thankful--for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment